PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. We provide you the opportunity to opt-out of our cookies, however, this may hinder your ability to conduct an online purchase. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- To keep track of cart data, WooCommerce makes use of 3 cookies: woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, wp_woocommerce_session_. The first two cookies contain information about the cart as a whole and help WooCommerce know when the cart data changes. The final cookie (wp_woocommerce_session_) contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- “Analytics” data, which are anonymous, aggregate statistics about how you arrived at our website, what pages you visited and the duration of your stay
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, IP, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.” We never see, save or ever have access to your credit card numbers. Our payment processors also do not store or save your credit card details.
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address, and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which may be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 3 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address, and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews if you choose to leave them.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk of credit card fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services and
- Fulfill your pre-paid or pre-sale orders and
- We may use the Device Information that we collect to generally help us to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- With your express opt-in we may send you abandoned cart, recapture, targeted marketing or engage you in Facebook pixel campaigns
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
Members of our sales and web development team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share any of your information with any third parties.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use MailChimp for our Contact forms, email marketing software and abandoned cart recovery tools. When you contact us through our website, make or attempt to make a purchase, MailChimp helps us collect your email address which is used to reply to you, fulfill your order or remind you of unfinished transactions.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, with your consent, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt-out of targeted advertising on specific services here:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at https://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
GDPR and RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below. You may also use one of the automated tools on our website to conduct an opt-out.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. Please note that we use this information for the fulfillment of orders and return or warranty requests and the removal of this information from our systems may hinder our ability to provide those services.
We respect the privacy of children. Our website is not designed to attract an audience younger than 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. Please contact us using the contact details below if you believe we may have collected information from your child, and we will work to delete it.
For more information about our privacy practices, GDPR compliance issues, manual removal of your information from our databases, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by using the details provided below:
Vela Nova GmbH
CH-6039 Root D4, Luzern
+41 (41) 455 27 55